MaryMac’s Doggie Retreat
AUTHORIZATION, ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS, AND WAIVER
CREDIT CARD CHARGES
I authorize MaryMac’s Doggie Retreat, LLC and its affiliated entities and agents (hereinafter individually and collectively referred to as “MaryMac’s”), to maintain my credit card number on file and charge purchases made and/or services rendered against the card at the prices in effect at the time of the transaction. I authorize MaryMac’s to “Pre-Charge” my credit card at MaryMac’s option at either the time of my making a reservation or at the commencement of my dog’s usage of services. This Pre-Charge will be in the approximate amount of the cost of services to be rendered. In the event that my dog does not use the services for which I have been Pre-Charged, MaryMac’s will credit my card for the full amount, less any applicable cancellation fee. “Final Charges” are those charged against my credit card at the conclusion of my dog’s stay and/or when services are rendered. Final Charges will be in an amount sufficient to pay my bill in full, and all charges, other than Pre- Charges, are final when made. In the event of a Pre-Charge, MaryMac’s may decline to provide services if my credit card is declined for any reason. In the event a Final Charge is declined, MaryMac’s may assess a declination charge not to exceed the greater of $10 or the maximum otherwise permissible for late charge assessments in addition to any charges assessed by the paying institution against MaryMac’s with respect to a dishonored transaction. Alternatively, if any of the foregoing charges to my card are declined, MaryMac’s is authorized to charge my spouse’s or other designated agent’s card if it is on file. The fact that it is on file constitutes consent by the card holder to do so. In the event that my (or my spouse’s or agent’s) credit card cannot process payment due to a limitation placed on individual transactions, MaryMac’s may divide the total charge into incremental portions in order to process the charge.
MEMBERSHIP & PACKAGES
I am aware that all MaryMac’s membership fees and package fees are non-refundable. Unless I notify MaryMac’s at least ten days prior to the expiration date of my membership or package, I understand that the membership and/or package may be automatically renewed (at the then current price plus applicable sales tax) for an additional similar period.
DOG BEHAVIOR AND HEALTH
I understand that MaryMac’s reserves the right to refuse any services or use of its facilities or to rescind membership for dogs who, in its sole determination, are unhealthy, act aggressively, are undisciplined, evidence inappropriate behavior or who may otherwise be a danger to themselves or other animals or users. To utilize the facilities (for purposes other than training) my dog must be spayed or neutered if it is older than eight months of age. Distemper, Parvo, Rabies and Bordetella vaccinations must remain current at all times. I will provide MaryMac’s with an up-to-date health certificate, rabies certificate, and dog license verifying compliance with these requirements. Furthermore, I acknowledge that I am required by MaryMac’s to have health insurance for my dog at all times. MaryMac’s reserves the right to limit usage or services if I do not provide required verification, and in such event, I am not entitled to any refund or credit. I acknowledge that I undertake responsibility for, and will not hold MaryMac’s liable for, any illness or ailment which my dog may incur while in the presence of other dogs at the facility, in MaryMac’s care for any reason, or otherwise.
I acknowledge that dogs are encouraged to socialize and exercise at MaryMac’s and that injury to my dog can reasonably be foreseen to result from playing and roughhousing while in the care of MaryMac’s or while in a training class or play group conducted by MaryMac’s. I agree to assume the risks and hazards that might be expected to arise from such use and the presence of and my dog’s interaction with other animals. I also agree that MaryMac’s shall not be responsible, monetarily or otherwise, for injuries to my dog which may arise in the course of play or of training or of grooming which may be caused by the presence or actions of other dogs. I shall hold MaryMac’s and its employees harmless from, make no claim against and indemnify MaryMac’s and its employees against any costs, damages, claims or expenses (including vet fees) that may result from an injury or illness to my dog, or to another dog, if caused by my dog. In the event that my dog injures another dog under the care of MaryMac’s I will be responsible for any costs, damages, claims or expenses (including vet fees) to the owner of the other dog. I understand that my agreeing to the foregoing and, specifically, my agreement not to hold MaryMac’s responsible for the payment of veterinarian bills or other costs is of the essence of this agreement and that MaryMac’s would not agree to care for and/or train my dog without this inducement to do so.
If, in my absence, my dog should be injured, become ill, or is otherwise deemed by MaryMac’s to require veterinary attention, MaryMac’s is authorized in its discretion to consult with and utilize either the services of my veterinarian or MaryMac’s veterinarian for treatment and guidance. If neither veterinarian is available, MaryMac’s is authorized to utilize the services of any other reputable veterinarian. I understand that I am responsible for any charges with respect to any veterinary care, either performed by MaryMac’s or any other veterinarian, and I authorize MaryMac’s to process my credit card on file for any medical charges incurred. I also authorize MaryMac’s to have full access to my dog’s veterinarian records and past medical history.
ABANDONMENT OF ANIMAL
My dog shall be considered abandoned, and the legal property of MaryMac’s, after fifteen days of no communication with MaryMac’s at which point MaryMac’s will have the right to keep or re-home the dog. Should I abandon my dog I will be responsible for any and all costs of the dog’s care up until the date that MaryMac’s re-homes the dog.
I agree that any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to this agreement, or the breach thereof, shall be settled by arbitration administered by the American Arbitration Association under its Arbitration Rules. The number of arbitrators shall be one. The place of arbitration shall be New Orleans in the State of Louisiana. Judgment on the award rendered by the arbitrator may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof. In the event that I submit for arbitration, I agree to do so as an individual and not as a participant in a class action against MaryMac’s. I acknowledge that should the arbitrator’s decision be rendered in MaryMac’s favor I will reimburse MaryMac’s for all court costs relating to this claim.
At MaryMac’s Doggie Retreat we work hard to serve you and encourage you to provide us with open and honest feedback. Should you become unhappy at any point during our relationship, we encourage you to contact us privately and/or respond to our surveys so we can work with you toward a resolution.
My dog’s picture may be used in marketing and promotional material prepared by and used for promoting the services of MaryMac’s.
POLICIES AND RULES
I have received a copy of the MaryMac’s Client Handbook, or viewed a copy on the MaryMac’s website, which discusses its policies and rules, and I agree to abide by them for so long as I am a client. I specifically acknowledge that:
1. MaryMac’s is open for supervised care 24 hours per day, although dogs may only be picked up or dropped off during certain hours as specified by MaryMac’s, which are subject to change.
2. There will be a surcharge for dogs leaving or arriving at MaryMac’s after 7pm regardless of Membership or Package in use.
3. MaryMac’s charges different rates for certain holidays or other days as determined by MaryMac’s in its sole discretion; MaryMac’s reserves the right to change these days.
4. Other than for leashes, harnesses, or collars, B&B is not responsible for the loss of or damage to any personal property which is left at the facility (e.g., beds, bowls).
5. Leashes must be tagged with a membership card which MaryMac’s will supply. Lost cards will be replaced for a charge. MaryMac’s is not responsible for leashes that are chewed by a dog or do not have a membership card.
6. Dogs must have secure collars or harnesses to wear during their day at MaryMac’s. If my dog does not have a dog collar, MaryMac’s will provide one for a charge. For safety purposes, all dogs must also have an ID tag attached to their collars or harnesses. If my dog does not have an ID tag, MaryMac’s will provide one for a charge. MaryMac’s will not be responsible for any collars without ID tags.
7. MaryMac’s cannot guarantee care for my dog unless I have made a reservation in advance.
8. In some cases, my dog will be taken out for relief walks. During these walks the dog will wear such slip collars and leashes as MaryMac’s deems appropriate for maximum safety.
9. MaryMac’s will feed my dog with food that I leave at the facility, proportioned and properly labeled by me. If I wish MaryMac’s to provide food, I understand that MaryMac’s will purchase food out of its store for an additional charge at the then retail price. If MaryMac’s does not sell my dog’s food, and agrees to buy food at a local pet store, I understand that an additional charge will be added to my bill.
10. MaryMac’s will administer only topical or oral medications properly labeled with instructions for a fee.
11. Sick dogs are not permitted into MaryMac’s facilities. If I knowingly bring in a sick dog I will be subject to a significant surcharge.
12. If my dog is groomed and delivered home using transportation services, MaryMac’s will add a 20% gratuity, plus sales tax, to my invoice.
13. Dogs being transported by MaryMac’s must be available within their agreed upon timeslot. MaryMac’s will not wait longer than five minutes for a dog and I will be charged by MaryMac’s if my dog is not ready, I am not home, or access to my home was not provided to MaryMac’s.
14. MaryMac’s has cancellation fees for various services that are cancelled with less than 24 hours’ notice (48 hour notice for private lessons).
15. All fees for memberships, packages, adoption fees and training classes must be paid in advance and are non-refundable irrespective of the reason.
16. I may choose to enroll in the Protection Plan and if so I am aware of its terms and conditions and agree to abide by the terms and conditions which are subject to change at the discretion of MaryMac’s at any time.
Additional Training Disclaimer
I understand that successful training programs depend on a combination of learned skills on the part of both the pet and owner. Behavior is not static; an animal will not continue to perform even trained behaviors without ongoing practice. Especially in cases involving any type of aggression, although behavior may be modified, the dog is never considered “cured.” A pet’s behavior is ultimately the owner’s responsibility. MaryMac’s will make every effort to help attain goals but makes no guarantees of a pet’s performance as a result of providing professional animal training.
In an effort to ensure the safety of your pets, MaryMac’s Doggie Retreat has a policy in place for all animals boarding at our facility during Hurricane Season. We will evacuate all pets regardless of the category of the hurricane. As we have learned in the past, even though the hurricane may pass quickly, we could be without power and potable water for a long period of time. MaryMac’s Doggie Retreat will not house pets in that type of environment.
The staff at MaryMac’s Doggie Retreat will put our evacuation plan into action when New Orleans is in the cone of probability and at 5 days prior to landfall. We will begin calling you and your emergency contacts at 4 days prior to landfall. Due to the large number of pets we need to evacuate, we will begin moving animals that cannot be picked up at 3 days prior to landfall. All pets will be removed from the building no less than 24 hours prior to landfall.
OWNERS MUST PROVIDE MARYMAC’S DOGGIE RETREAT WITH THE FOLLOWING
1) Your out-of-town contact information (phone and email).
2) Phone number of 2 local people who are willing to pick up your pets from MaryMac’s Doggie Retreat in the event we must evacuate and you are unable to retrieve your pet prior to our evacuation date.
Please make sure that your local contacts are willing to get your pets if we evacuate and you are unable to make it back prior to our departure. Unclaimed Pets—No animals will be left behind at MaryMac’s Doggie Retreat in the event of an evacuation.
MaryMac’s Doggie Retreat will transport any unclaimed pets to our safe house in central Mississippi at a cost to you of $250 per animal, plus an additional $100 per day until you retrieve your pet. This evacuation cost is independent of medical costs for special needs pets or other unforeseen
expenses that arise due to evacuations. We will require a credit card number for all pets for which we evacuate. Owners of evacuated pets will be given Courtney’s cell number. We will also be updating www.marymacsdoggieretreat.com, Facebook and Instagram with all relevant evacuation progress. Failure to claim your pet prior to evacuation releases MaryMac’s Doggie Retreat of all liability pertaining to the transport and boarding of your pet during the evacuation.